Oral Hygiene Care
One of the principle philosophies of Melbourne MD is preventive care. By diagnosing and treating problems in their early stage, we can significantly reduce the need for more extensive and time-consuming procedures.
Evaluating Your Teeth
- Evaluation of soft tissues. Just like the rest of your skin and surface coverings, (hair, nails, etc). your tissues in side your mouth; oral mucosa and gingiva can display wounds, diseases or other dermatological conditions. Whether you are a first-time patient or an ongoing patient of record, we provide these services as a part of our comprehensive assessment which includes Oral Cancer Screening.
- Evaluation of your gums. Also know as the periodontium, we will look at the general condition of your gum tissue as well as detailed periodontal probings and recessions for each tooth/region. Periodontal probings are measured in millimeters and are a direct reflection of your gum attachment to your teeth.
- Evaluation of your teeth. We will look at the individual state of each tooth as well as which teeth are missing or unaccounted for. This includes existing fillings/restorations.
- Diagnostic Imaging. Clinical photographs are highly recommended to provide a accurate diagnosis of your dental health (x-rays are effective for a maximum of 2 years , If you have updated records, it would great to bring them to your appointment). Radiographs (x-ray pictures) may also require for periodontal evaluation & diagnosis.
We highly recommend scheduling routine preventive appoint, to review any areas of concerns and early detection on dental decay. Eliminating major dental surgery or loss of teeth.
Our preventative services are invaluable in creating your "Optimum Oral Health"
An effective at home care routine of brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and flossing at least once a day, will help keep your teeth and gums healthy and your breath fresh.
Gum disease is the leading cause of adult tooth loss and is one of the most prevalent infections in the human body with an estimated 80% of people experiencing gum disease at some point in their life.
When diagnosed in its early stage, gum disease is preventable and reversible with no long-term effects. Scheduling regular care and cleaning with the Melbourne MD dental team will ensure you keep your teeth healthy for life.
We recommend that our customers visit us every 6 months for a quick and convenient check-up and professional clean with our hygienist. This will insure the oral health and comfort of the customer as well as prevention and early identification of any oral issues.
Oral Health Services Include:
- Gingivitis treatment
- Fissure sealants
- Fresh Breath
- Professional teeth whitening